The fibre testing results for the Waratah Flats alpaca stud male team (shorn November 2015) have continued to show impressive returns following the testing of mid side samples earlier this year.
- Forestglen Seth (10th shearing) 19.8u, 3.6 SD, 18.2 CV and CF of 99%
- Waratah Flats Fire Cracker (6th shearing) 20.7u, 3.6 SD, 17.5 CV and CF of 99%
- Waratah Flats Rising Star (5th shearing) 22.0u, 4.1 SD, 18.5 CV and CF of 96%
- Waratah Flats Hat Trick (4th shearing) 22.8u, 3.4 SD, 15.0 CV and CF of 98%
- Waratah Flats Imp Wizard (3rd shearing) 18.8u, 3.4 SD, 18.0 CV and CF of 100%
- Waratah Flats Krakatoa (2nd shearing) 16.8u, 2.9 SD, 17.3 CV and CF of 100%
- Waratah Flats King Kong (2nd shearing) 15.6u, 2.1 SD, 13.2 CV and CF of 100%
These impressive micron levels, coupled with the low SD readings, continues to give our stud males a very soft handle to their fleeces. We are also seeing these fine fibre traits passing to their offspring. We now look forward to this years shearing.